Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What would you have done?

This post is for those who may have thought my purchases of precious metals from charitable organizations such as thrift stores was unethical. As a matter of fact I went to both stores and offered my expertise gratis, free and even offered to get them set up on ebay so they could sell the more valuable donations.

I went to one thrift stores board meeting with a plan. I would get NOTHING from this and they would make more money. I was asked to leave and told they were not interested. The other store said they had someone who does that type of thing for them and thank you anyway.



With both of these places I was doing it to help them not myself and so today I make out like a bandit at the expense of either their pride, arrogance or ignorance

So I continue to purchase gold, silver, platinum and diamonds for pennies on the dollar. Not to mention the collectibles and antiques I find and resell also.

In my opinion these stores are doing an injustice not only to their charity but to the people who donate the items.

Just thought I would clear the air just in case, although no one had commented on that post as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment